If you sit down for work and your back is killing you, you’ve come to the right place. We’ll highlight some tips, tricks, and tools to help improve your posture and save your spine.
Steps To Help Your Spine
- Sit up straight. Your back requires support. Try a lumbar pillow and/or an ergonomic chair, as these will support your lower back and encourage you to sit up straight and tall.
- Adjust your chair. Chair height can dramatically affect your posture. Make sure your knees are bent at a 90-degree angle and that your feet can lay flat on the ground. If your feet don’t reach the ground, you can always use a foot stool.
- Raise your monitor. The top of your monitor should be at eye level and approximately 20-40 inches from your face. This will keep your neck from having to strain either up or down to look at your screen. If needed, you can always adjust the font size.
- Relax your arms. Your arms should be bent at a 90-degree angle, as well. Keep your mouse and/or keyboard nearby so that you don’t have to move your arms all that much to stay engaged.
- Move around. Make sure to take breaks. Get up from your seat, take a walk, and move your body. Sitting for too long can negatively impact both your physical and mental health.